FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: February 25, 2018
“Transformation by Fire” BRINGS HEALING WITHIN
Their love of music, sound, song, chant and community have brought together an international group of musicians and artists with a heartfelt message: We support the survivors of the recent fires through the work and efforts of Transformation by Fire (TbF).
The Benefit Concert will be Saturday, March 31, 2018, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm at the Japanese Cultural and Community Center (JCCCNC/The Center), 1840 Sutter Street, San Francisco 94115.
Since 2015, Transformation by Fire has been supporting survivors and all those impacted by the 2015 Lake County fire. Their mission is to heal the invisible wounds of trauma through group sharing, meditation, trauma release work, movement, sound, somatic therapies and community rebuilding. To date, TbF has offered 25 successful retreats, all staffed by certified therapists and healing practitioners. All funds raised keep the retreats free/donation-based. TbF is expanding outreach to include Sonoma and Napa in 2018.
Manaar Azreik is the Co-Founder and CEO of Transformation by Fire. In 2015, she barely escaped the flames in Lake County. Raised in Israel with her Palestinian-Arab-Christian family, Manaar embodies grace under fire – rising from trauma and ashes – to help others heal from within. The Concert is a fusion of friends from the Japanese and international community. The event will embrace timeless traditions with modern sounds. The following artists will perform:
- KAZE Ensemble Shakuhachi: Gyofu, Keishi, Keifu Koto: Monju, Nobuyo, Wakiko
- Megumi Yamamoto’s Transformation by Fire Quartet with violins, viola, and cello
- Sawako Ama award-winning belly dancing described as “prayer in motion”
- Sallawati, a prayer chant with Manaar’s ensemble and friends (Arabic, Hebrew, English, drum and song).
- Raffle tickets will be sold to win items and certificates.
- Free refreshments will be served.
- Supporters include: Konko Church of S.F., WeBeSushi, Japan Town Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, the performing musicians and artists.
- Special gratitude to the Japanese Cultural and Community Center of Northern California (JCCCNC/The Center) for generous donated use of their facility.
- Tickets: $25/EVENTBRITE advance; or $30/door.
# # #
For more information contact Manaar Azreik
Event Hosted by Friends of Transformation by Fire